Fangirl of the Day: Liz Perales
Congratulations to Liz Perales for being named Fangirl of the Day on September 8, 2014! Liz Perales is the mother of Lizzie Perales, a costumer and recently announced Fangirl of the Day herself. Liz primarily cosplays as Sabine Wren from Star Wars Rebels and Jedi Master Aayla Secura. She is the newest member of the Manda’galaar Clan, the Los Angeles clan of the Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Group. Liz is also the Rebel Legion‘s first approved Star Wars Rebels character! The Force is quite strong in her family, since her son also cosplays as Ezra Bridger and her husband as Kanan Jarrus and Quinlan Vos.
Kevin Kiner at PlayFest 2014
Known as the music, animation and video games festival, this year’s PlayFest in Fuengirola, Spain, included composer Kevin Kiner and a selection of songs from Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the main theme of Star Wars Rebels. For a concise collection of photographs, visit my latest post at MakingStarWars.net.
Arc Trooper Echo at Baltimore Comic Con
Echo made an appearance at the Baltimore Comic Con last weekend. Not only was his attire superb, but he also carried a sign with the words “Not Dead.” Dave Filoni confessed in an old Star Wars blog post that Echo was, in fact, alive. The character was supposed to appear in an arc focused on experimental clones. Here’s hoping we get to see Echo in a future novel or comic book series!
Johnamarie Macias (@BlueJaigEyes) September 07, 2014
Star Wars Rebels Merchandise and Supplies
If you’re looking for a new pair of headphones, Toys “R” Us now has Ezra Bridger ($19.99) and Chopper ($9.99) earbuds. As for keeping track of time, you can also purchase the Chopper alarm clock ($24.99). Fans looking to display their passion for Star Wars Rebels on their walls will find a new set of Peel and Stick Wall Decals ($14.99). A different set of decals also exists on Amazon, here and here.
The Toyark gave us the latest preview of Gentle Giant’s Zeb Orrelios maquette.
Finally, the latest Star Wars Rebels promotional advertisement came from Subway.
Star Wars Rebels Stormtrooper Armor
Instagram user TK9512 has a handful of images featuring Star Wars Rebels inspired stormtrooper armor.
Other photographs include a lineup of various stormtrooper helmets, a close-up of the Rebels stormtrooper helmet from the side, a close-up of the Rebels stormtrooper helmet from the front, and TK9512 wearing the bucket himself for demonstration.
Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion DVD on October 3rd?
Stephen Stanton, the voice of Admiral Tarkin and various other characters in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, recently took a photo next to a Walmart stand advertising the release of Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion on October 3, 2014. Amazon, however, has the DVD listed for release on October 14. This could be a Walmart exclusive deal. October 3 is also the same day the Spark of Rebellion one-hour movie special premieres on the Disney Channel.
Two NEW HoloNet News Reports
The HoloNet has been quite active lately, posting two new videos within one week.
- HoloNet News Special Report: Rise in Citizen Reporting Results in Captured Criminals
- HoloNet News Special Report: Empire Ensures New Affordable Housing on Lothal
Other Star Wars Rebels Updates
- The Disney XD Star Wars Rebels Gallery has seven new photos ranging from vehicles to characters.
- The Star Wars Rebels TV spots that were originally posted in the Disney website are now available in the Star Wars YouTube account. The videos are “Tyranny of the Empire,” “Timeline,” and “Take a Stand.” There is also a new promo video, entitled “Star Wars Rebels: Team” on the Disney site.
- Star Wars Rebels and Star Wars: Episode VII may share similar elements as described by James Hibberd in Entertainment Weekly’s Star Wars: First look at Episode VII elements might be in Rebels.
- Rebels Report points the way to an interview with author Jason Fry about Star Wars Rebels: Servants of the Empire.
- Rebel Transmission translates a report from Jedi-Bibliothek about the latest junior novels, entitled “Battle to the End” by Michael Kogge and “The Inquisitor’s Trap.”
- 9-7-14 Now, This Is Podcasting! Episode 47
- Radio 1138: Episode 15 with Mark Newbold and James Burns
- ForceCast #320: Falconspotting with Eric Geller and Megan Crouse (In this episode, Megan and I briefly spoke about our impressions of the Star Wars Rebels episodes shown at the NYC press screening.)
- Star Wars: Commander: Meet the Developer by Apple, Inc.
Other Links to Visit:
- The Ronto Roundup: Latest Episode VII Rumors, Rebels Press Screening, John Boyega’s Instagram and MORE! by Daniel Berry | Dork Side of the Force
- Star Wars goes to college with new clothing line by Bonnie Burton | CNET
- How Clone Wars Explains the Big Problems With Modern Warfare by Crispin Burke | Fortress America