Leading up to the new and highly anticipated movie, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, is a group of book titles published by Disney-Lucasfilm Press called Journey to The Force Awakens. Touching on a variety of perspectives and narratives from the galaxy far, far away, the Journey to the Force Awakens initiative has received much praise in expanding the universe in new and unexpected ways. Attendees at New York Comic Con 2015 heard authors Jason Fry, Greg Rucka, Claudia Gray, Chuck Wendig, Adam Bray, and Pablo Hidalgo talk about the titles they worked on as well as the new titles in the Star Wars universe.
Here’s a list of the upcoming stories based on the Star Wars: The Force Awakens Vanity Fair photo, as seen above:
- “The Perfect Weapon” by Delilah Dawson. It’s an e-short story that will focus on Bazine, the woman in the middle who is wearing all black. To be released in November.
- “Bait” by Alan Dean Foster, a Star Wars Insider short story, will focus on the character she’s sitting on. He’s called the Grungar. To be released in December.
- “High Noon on Jakku” (playing with a western genre), “All Creatures Great and Small” (Landry calls it a fable), “The Face of Evil” (horror story), “The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku” (hybrid story) by Landry Walker. To be released on December 1.
- Star Wars: New Republic: Bloodline by Claudia Gray. Set 6 years before The Force Awakens. To be released in Spring 2016.
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Summer 2016) and Empire’s End (2017) by Chuck Wendig.
- Before the Awakening by Greg Rucka and illustrations by Phil Noto. To be released on December 18.
Download (right-click and save)
(Photo: Vanity Fair, Lucasfilm)