- Dave Filoni received a custom-made statue by Fractal Studio, a company that primarily specializes in costumes and sculpting. The statue features Dave at the center with Hera and Zeb beside him! Here’s a second photo of Dave with Keny Leon, director of Fractal Studio.
- Dave also received this beautiful piece of Star Wars Celebration art by Kaela Croft!
- And if it slipped past you before, writer Henry Gilroy is also on Twitter.
Star Wars Celebration Europe
- Those attending Star Wars Celebration Europe will have the opportunity to attend the “Ahsoka’s Tales Untold” panel, moderated by Dave Filoni, Pablo Hidalgo, and Ashley Eckstein. Check out the description below:
Join The Clone Wars and Rebels Supervising Director Dave Filoni, actress Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano) and Lucasfilm Story Group’s Pablo Hidalgo to discuss untold tales of Ahsoka’s past, from her discovery by the Jedi Order as a young child, to her adventures in unproduced episodes of The Clone Wars, to the chapters of her life newly revealed in the Ahsoka novel and more!
- Following the “Ahsoka’s Tales Untold” panel is the Ahsoka Lives Day group photo event at the Star Wars Show Stage. Make sure to head on over to Facebook to see how you can participate in person and online.
- Sam Witwer and Tiya Sircar will be appearing on the Star Wars Rebels panel with Dave Filoni.
- TWG contributor Lledra wrote about what we should expect to see in terms of season three looks from the Ghost crew. Additionally, I wrote about the women that have appeared in the Star Wars Rebels comics.
- Simon Kinberg spoke to Moviefone about how Star Wars Rebels may “feed into” future Star Wars films. Here’s the quote:
“What’s lovely is, obviously, we’ve brought in characters from ‘Clone Wars’ in the second season, and we keep sort of bringing characters from the original movies and sort of deepening the relationships between our core characters, the Ghost crew,” said Kinberg. “So it’s trying to balance the two different things, like the original cast from the first season with ‘Clone Wars,’ with characters from the original movies, and maybe even feeding into future movies.”
- Nola Nerd Couple wrote about their experience in meeting Taylor Gray at Bayou Con 2016.
- Mike Cooper, Ben Wahrman, Jay Shah, and Sarah Dempster wrote about Agent Kallus in “Rebels Revisited: Too Far Gone?“
- Matthew Applebee discussed what could happen when Rex discovers Vader’s true identity.
- Take a deeper look into Kanan’s blindness with the latest Studying Skywalkers by Dan Zehr.
Books and Comics
- A second volume of the Star Wars Rebels comics will be released in Germany on September 19, 2016. The volume collects issues #9 through #16, and the cover features Ahsoka in her underwater gear from the issue “Ocean Rescue”.
- A newly announced book, Star Wars Galactic Maps: An Illustrated Atlas of the Star Wars Universe, contains the location of Lothal in the vast Star Wars galaxy.
- A cover for Star Wars Year by Year: A Visual History (Updated Edition) has the Star Wars Rebels version of Ahsoka Tano, but it appears the book also has a different cover with Kylo Ren. Here’s hoping the cover featuring Ahsoka is what we end up getting!
- Caliston Armory showed off some pictures of an amazing Kanan Jarrus cosplay.
- JediManda made a video tutorial on how to create an Ahsoka Tano headpiece.
Games and Toys
- Prior to the cancellation of Disney Infinity, a Hera Syndulla Disney Infinity figure was set to be released. This exclusive video features concept art as well as final designs for the figure.
- Twitter user MayTheFunkoBeWithYou gave fans a sneak peek at a listing that includes Star Wars Rebels POP! figures. The set appears to include Chopper, Ezra, Hera, Kanan, Sabine, and Zeb.
- Check out the production animation video available for “Captain Rex’s AT-TE” LEGO Star Wars set.
- San Diego Comic-Con 2016 exclusives include Hera’s A-wing, Electronic Duel Kanan Jarrus figure, and Electronic Duel Darth Vader (Star Wars Rebels) figure.
- Admiral Konstantine, Admiral Titus, and Commandant Aresko are included in the Interdictor Expansion Pack from Fantasy Flight Games.
- Artist and animator Monica Bruenjes sketched out what the Star Wars Rebels heroes and villains might look like in Tsum Tsum form!
- The very talented lorna-ka made this beautiful piece of artwork featuring Rex and Ezra, my two favorite Star Wars characters, for my birthday back in June!
- Tumblr user Laryssa made this amazing beanie inspired by the Grand Inquisitor.
- Tumblr user sorinkavglazy created a beaded embroidered Starbird as a sweet gift for a friend.
- Team Ahsoka has a roundup featuring adorable Ahsoka Tano crochet figures.
- Jennifer Strawn created Mickey Mouse ears inspired by Ahsoka to wear with her #AhsokaLives shirt.
- ThinkGeek has an exclusive Ahsoka Tano shirt by Her Universe, and the front of the shirt features art by Dave Filoni. Check out the description below:
Ahsoka’s become a favorite character around here – and not just because she’s voiced by our friend Ashley Eckstein, someone we team up with all the time to create amazing ladies’ apparel. Okay, maybe that’s a part of the reason. We’re pretty proud to team up with Ahsoka. It makes us feel like we’re really Rebels, too, helping out in our own special way.
- Back in June, Redbubble introduced the graphic t-shirt dress, so if you’re desperate to own Star Wars Rebels apparel and looking to change it up with a t-shirt dress, then I highly recommend checking out lledra and lorna-ka‘s Redbubble stores. I recently purchased a few t-shirt dresses myself. I plan to make a few alterations to mine, since the larger sizes look more like nighttime shirts. However, the quality is superb, since the graphic t-shirt dress features full-bleed sublimation across the entire front.
- Cassandra and her significant other DisneyBounded as Hera and Kanan during their trip to Disneyland, and they look so cute!
- Starships, Sabers, and Scoundrels included the entire Dallas Fan Expo panel that featured Steve Blum in the episode “Holiday Spectacular Episode 5.5“. Additionally, Darth Taxus had the opportunity to ask Blum a question regarding Rebels and his Star Wars legacy, while other fans asked other aspects about his voice acting career.