If you haven’t done so already, I highly recommend watching LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures on Disney XD. If you think it’s just parody and has no story, then you’re definitely missing out!
The series centers around a family of scavengers, the Freemakers, who build and sell starships for a living. Rowan, the youngest of the siblings, discovers that he has a natural Force connection to an ancient artifact called the Kyber Saber. The Emperor desires to possess this weapon in order to gain more power, but the Freemakers will do anything they can to stop him and his agents of the dark side. In order to make their way across the galaxy, they use their starship, the StarScavenger—a vehicle that you can own as a LEGO set!
The set includes:
- 4 minifigures: Rowan, Kordi, Zander, and R0-GR (Roger)
- Features a configurable design with modular wings, engines and blasters, 2 spring-loaded shooters, foldout top section, and a mini scavenger vessel with salvage scoop and space for a minifigure and droid.
- Rebuild the modular model into a variety of configurations.
- Front cockpit section can be separated for a speedy getaway.
- Detach the shovel cart and set out on make-believe salvage missions.
- Accessory elements include a buzz saw, wrench, cup, helmet, safety glasses, and macrobinoculars.
Building the StarScavenger was a lot of fun, especially when re-watching some of The Freemaker Adventures episodes in the background. I’m happy this series has renewed my interest in LEGO Star Wars, so I can’t wait to purchase Naare’s ship next as well as other sets I’ve been meaning to get, like The Ghost and the AT-TE set from Star Wars Rebels.
If you want to own the StarScavenger, it’s available for $50 at the LEGO Shop.
Have a favorite LEGO Star Wars set? Share it in the comments below.
(Featured Photo: LEGO Group)