- The Star Wars Rebels season two DVD/Blu-ray will be released on August 30. Here’s an unboxing video by LaughingPlace.com.
- At this year’s BTVA Voice Acting Awards, Vanessa Marshall was nominated in the “Best Female Lead Vocal Performance in a Television Series” category for her role as Hera Syndulla in Star Wars Rebels.
- Do you know who the new Fulcrum could be? CommanderVisor on Tumblr played around with the character’s pitch and may have uncovered the identity of the mysterious character, but things may not be as they seem. Steven Melching wrote on Twitter, “Unless we knew people were going to do that (the way they did with 1.0) and are messing with you. #SpyVsSpy”
- Henry Gilroy tweeted a photo of Simon Kinberg and Dave Filoni with the words, “Star Wars story summit shenanigans… #StarWarsRebels #Epicstoriescoming” Many suspect the writers are currently working on season four, which has not been confirmed.
- Concept designer and illustrator John-Paul Balmet tweeted an image of Governor Pryce from the season three trailer and wrote, “More Rebels! Pryce made an appearance recently. A fun design to work on. #villains #characterdesign #StarWarsRebels”
- Senior Content Coordinator Dana Jennings mentioned the Star Wars: Kanan comics in the first episode of The Star Wars After Show. Music composer Kevin Kiner also made a brief appearance in The Star Wars Show.
- Rancho Obi-Wan received some maquettes of Darth Vader, Yoda, and Ahsoka sculpted by Darren E. Marshall for Star Wars Rebels season two, “The craftsmanship is incredible, the museum is very fortunate to have these pieces on display.” Dave Filoni also replied in the comments and said, “We actually made the maquettes during season two. Darren makes the maquettes for the modelers who build the characters in CG. They act as a better guide than a 2D drawing. Traditionally in 2D animation a maquette would be used to help provide many angles for a traditional 2D animator to draw. In CG we don’t really have that problem so the maquettes are more a modeler’s reference tool. Thus they are made before the first appearance of the character on screen.”
- The first review of the Ahsoka novel by E.K. Johnston is now available at Kirkus Reviews.
News from Star Wars Celebration Europe
- Watch these Star Wars Rebels related videos from SWCE:
- Catch up with these posts from TWG as well as news and fan sites:
- SWCE 2016: Ahsoka’s Untold Tales Panel, Ahsoka Lives Day, and More!
- SWCE 2016: Ahsoka Tano Digital Cards by Topps
- SWCE 2016: ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Season 3 Trailer and Thoughts
- Team Ahsoka: Ahsoka’s Untold Tales – Part 1: Discovery
- Team Ahsoka: Ahsoka’s Untold Tales – Part 2: Ahsoka’s Walkabout
- FANgirl Blog: Star Wars Celebration Europe 2016: Star Wars Rebels
- /Film: How Dark Can Star Wars Rebels Get? Dave Filoni Responds
- /Film: When Will Star Wars Rebels Get X-Wings? Dave Filoni on That Potentially Awesome Moment
- /Film: Will Darth Vader or Inquisitors Appear in Star Wars Rebels Season 3?
- While you’re at it, make sure to catch up with these posts and liveblogs from StarWars.com:
- SWCE 2016: 11 Things We Learned from the Star Wars Rebels Season Three Panel
- SWCE 2016: Ahsoka’s Untold Tales Panel
- Dave Filoni visited the set of Star Wars: Episode VIII, according to the Future Filmmaker Panel at Star Wars Celebration Europe. The liveblog stated, “Dave Filoni, executive producer of Star Wars Rebels, came to visit the set numerous times. [Rian] Johnson says they were very lucky to have ‘the man in the cowboy hat’ visit.”
- Check out these posts from TWG and other fan sites:
- Catch up with Geek Girl Diva’s Ranking Rebels:
- Here are other posts from StarWars.com that focus or include references to Star Wars Rebels:
- ComicBook.com: Season 3 Will Challenge Jedi’s (and Audience’s) Understanding of the Force
- TGR Entertainment: Hera, There, Everywhere: The Charms of Hera Syndulla
- Metro News: 14 things I learnt at Star Wars Celebration Europe
- Voice of TV: Steve Blum – I Met Him And You Can Too At SDCC!
- Artist Ksenia Z., also known as lorna-ka, created a set of matryoshka dolls and gifted them to Dave Filoni at Star Wars Celebration Europe.
- Jake Bartok created a piece of art inspired by the unaired “Siege of Mandalore” arc from Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- Looking for something fun to make out of toilet paper rolls? Check out this how-to guide by Kelly Knox over at StarWars.com, featuring Ahsoka Tano, Chopper, and a Loth-cat.
- Savanna Kiefer recorded two videos that capture the building process of her Sabine Wren costume. Here’s the prep and part one.
- The Rogue Rebels is a cosplaying family popularly known for their portrayal of Star Wars Rebels characters. If you’re familiar with them, you’ll be happy to know that the family now has a blog!
- Brad Harris created hilts based on Ahsoka Tano’s weapons and uploaded them to MyMiniFactory for anyone to download and 3D print.
Games and Toys
- A new Star Wars Rebels interactive adventure is coming to Disney Parks. Through the use of augmented reality, Ezra Bridger guides participants on an undercover mission. Some of the rewards include a Holocron, Imperial Security Cap, Kanan’s Lightsaber, a Star Wars Rebels Journal, and more.
- Upcoming Star Wars Rebels toys include:
- The Ahsoka Tano Funko POP! figure will appear this fall (specifically in September) in Hot Topic. And according to AAHA, the Ghost crew will follow no later than early 2017. Funko had asked fans whether Thrawn would look good as a POP! figure, so it’s also possible that we could get a figure of the popular character in the future.
- B. Allen, a senior character artist, made it known that Captain Rex was going to be released as a Disney Infinity figure. According to the artist, “Captain Rex was considered to be an Infinity Figure but was scrapped. This is the unfinished T-pose where he ended up.”
- Interviews from SWCE:
- IGN: Maul Originally was Going to Die in Rebels‘ Season 2 Finale
- IGN: The Return of Battle Droids brings Season 3 Clone Wars Closure
- IGN: Thrawn, Maul and Wedge’s Season 3 Roles
- Star Wars Show: Ashley Eckstein and Dave Filoni Interview
- Star Wars Show: Dave Filoni Interview
- Star Wars Show: Sam Witwer Interview
- Star Wars Show: Tiya Sircar Interview
- io9: Star Wars Rebels Showrunner Talks Thrawn, Ezra, and the Series’ Endgame
- ComicBook.com: Star Wars Rebels Showrunner Dave Filoni Defends and Explains Midi-chlorians
- Dorkside of the Force: Highlights from Ashley Eckstein’s (Ahsoka Tano) Reddit AMA
- 500px ISO: A Day in the Life of Joel Aron, VFX & Lighting Supervisor for Star Wars TV Shows
- IGN: Ashley Eckstein Talks Her Universe and Ahsoka Tano’s Future
- Dash Star: Freddie Prinze, Jr., Interview
- Star Wars Show: Dave Filoni Interview
- VIP Lounge with MVP by The MLW Radio Network interviewed Freddie Prinze, Jr., about WWE, teaching promo classes, Star Wars Rebels season 3, and much more.
- Taylor Gray spoke to Podcast 66 about his role and how Ezra changes in season three.
- Tricia Barr of Fangirls Going Rogue interviewed Dave Filoni, Tiya Sircar, and Sam Witwer about season three at Star Wars Celebration Europe.
- Ashley Eckstein joined Rebel Force Radio to talk about SWCE and “Ahsoka’s Lost Tales”.