When Hot Topic acquired Her Universe in late 2016, one of the first major changes that was put into effect was the temporary shut down of HerUniverse.com in order to build a brand new, better-than-ever website!
Since then, Her Universe launched a new Star Trek collection over at ThinkGeek, debuted three new skirts at ModCloth, sold the traditional Her Universe holiday pin at Hot Topic, and relocated to new offices.
All the while, dedicated fans have been patiently waiting, so it’s finally great to say that the wait is now over!
The fangirl lifestyle brand that originated in 2010 has relaunched with a new and improved look as well as new and familiar features, such as:
- Cheaper shipping rates at $4.99
- Improved browsing that allow you to filter products by size, favorite license, color, and more
- Seeing higher quality images with zoom as well as videos to bring your favorite styles to life
- Being featured as a Fangirl of the Day and getting your own dedicated post on HerUniverse.com
- Keeping up with Ashley Eckstein’s convention and special event dates
- Seeing other fangirls flaunting their world with the #FlauntYourWorld hashtag in the customer photo gallery
Not only has the website undergone a big transformation, but there are also brand new products! From the Ahsoka Holiday Sweatshirt and the May the Force Denim Jacket to the Marvel, Star Trek, and Doctor Who fashion, there is something for everyone—and of course, there’ll be more products to come! (Personally, I can’t wait to see the Her Universe top that Ashley is wearing in the promo image above!)
What are you waiting for? Head on over to the revamped Her Universe website and show your support in the form of a purchase. If you sign up for an account and email updates, you’ll get 25% off on your first HerUniverse.com purchase of 2017! While you’re there, make sure to read up on Ashley’s letter to the fans, which recaps some of the points that were brought up when Hot Topic first acquired Her Universe.
Also, head over to Facebook at 7 PM EST to watch a live stream of Ashley celebrating the relaunch and answering fan questions.
UPDATE: Ashley Eckstein did a Facebook live stream video to celebrate the return of Her Universe and to answer questions from the fans. Here are some highlights pertaining to Star Wars fashion:
- The shirt with the planet Ashley is wearing the promotional photos is not a Her Universe item, but if you are interested in getting a Her Universe shirt like it, let her know on social media.
- There will be a men’s fashion collection coming to Her Universe later this year during the holidays. It will be called “Our Universe.” A men’s Ahsoka shirt will be available for purchase at Star Wars Celebration Orlando.
- Her Universe will be partnering up with the ReedPOP store at Star Wars Celebration Orlando.
- A Hera Syndulla shirt will be an exclusive item at Star Wars Celebration Orlando, but it will also be made available online. Vanessa Marshall, the voice of the Twi’lek pilot, had some input on the design.
- Her Universe will be releasing a “Self-rescuing Princess” shirt and the proceeds will be donated to charity.
- There will be an Ahsoka Tano collection!
- There will be a Naboo skirt and cardigan coming from Her Universe at San Diego Comic-Con and more Padmé Amidala apparel will be available in the future.
For your convenience, watch the entire live stream below or watch it on YouTube.
Thank you for visiting The Wookiee Gunner! You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr. Send us news, tips, and inquiries here or visit our Contact page. If you’re a fan artist looking to showcase your Star Wars fan art, check out our Star Wars Fan Artist Spotlight. Finally, if you’re looking to add a few Star Wars podcasts to your playlist, check out Rebels Chat, Galactic Fashion, Hangin’ with Team Kanan, and Star Scavengers.