Exciting new things are on the horizon for fans of Lucasfilm Animation. As recently announced, Star Wars: Forces of Destiny will debut on July 3, and the second season of LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures will resume on July 31.
Now, fans of Star Wars Rebels can mark a date down on their calendars because the complete third season of the popular series is coming to DVD and Blu-ray on August 29.
Having established a secret base on Atollon, the Ghost crew, now led by a more powerful Ezra, strengthens the Rebel fleet by acquiring new resources and recruits eager to stand against the Empire. However, the Imperial efforts to eliminate the Rebellion are now being led by the coldly analytical Grand Admiral Thrawn, whose strategic, tactical and cultural insights make him a threat unlike any they have faced before. Ezra and Sabine must take on new roles and challenges as the Rebels prepare for their biggest mission yet – a direct assault on the Empire.
The DVD and Blu-ray collection will include all 22 action-packed episodes, plus never-before-seen bonus material.
Blu-ray Bonus Features:
- Return To Mandalore: Explore where Mandalore fits within the Empire’s regime – and whether Sabine can unite her people against the Imperial forces.
- Thrawn: A Legend Reborn: Learn Thrawn’s significance in Star Wars lore, and what the future may hold for this memorable villain.
- Apprentices to Outcasts: Kenobi And Maul: Track two adversaries who’ve clashed throughout Star Wars history, and find out why the time was right to conclude their story.
- The Original Rebel: Saw Gerrera Returns – Extended: Meet the Original Rebel. This exclusive extended version features Forest Whitaker discussing the character he brings to life in both Rebels and Rogue One.
- Five Audio Commentaries: Featuring Dave Filoni (Executive Producer), Justin Ridge (Supervising Director), Kilian Plunkett (Art Director), Keith Kellogg (Animation Supervisor) and Joel Aron (CG Supervisor: Lighting & FX)
- Plus, the DVD Bonus Features, as seen below.
DVD Bonus Features:
- A Rebel Alliance: Discover how the formation of the Rebel Alliance in Rebels ties into the Rogue One timeline – and the exciting story possibilities that lie ahead for season 4.
- Rebels Recon: Go behind the scenes with the cast and crew in 19 entertaining and information-packed episode recaps!
Needless to say, but that cover art is a thing of beauty, especially since it gives focus to Ezra’s journey with Maul and Sabine’s journey with the darksaber. It’s also exciting to see commentaries from key creators being included in the Blu-ray bonus features for select episodes, since that sort of content wasn’t included in the season one and two Blu-ray releases.
Catch a clip of the commentary in the latest episode of The Star Wars Show.
Which bonus feature are you excited to watch the most? Share your comments in the section below.
Thank you for visiting The Wookiee Gunner! You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr. Send us news, tips, and inquiries here or visit our Contact page. If you’re a fan artist looking to showcase your Star Wars fan art, check out our Star Wars Fan Artist Spotlight. Finally, if you’re looking to add a few Star Wars podcasts to your playlist, check out Rebels Chat, Galactic Fashion, Hangin’ with Team Kanan, and Star Scavengers.