James Arnold Taylor brings his audience another fantastic interview, taking fans down memory lane in the latest episode of “Clone Wars Conversations.” He spoke with the legendary Jim Cummings, known to Star Wars fans as Hondo Ohnaka.
During their conversation, Cummings spoke about:
- Auditioning for the part of Hondo
- How he developed the accent, mentioning the source of inspiration and what he was aiming for
- The fondness of recording with the cast, making it a more electric experience
- Improvising and ad-libbing and how it contributes to the story
- Star Wars Weekends and the memories behind the event that used to take place at Disney World
- His first time watching Star Wars, specifically his memory about watching a commercial for it
- His experience working and recording with Mark Hamill on other projects
- The process of voice acting and how it’s natural for them, not realizing how the develop different mannerisms for different characters
- How he plays Hondo the same in LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures and Star Wars Rebels
- Playing the character with Taylor Gray and how Hondo interacted with Ezra
The episode also featured beautiful art by Joe Hogan.
Thank you for visiting The Wookiee Gunner! You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Tumblr. Send us news, tips, and inquiries here or visit our Contact page. If you’re a fan artist looking to showcase your Star Wars fan art, check out our Star Wars Fan Artist Spotlight. Finally, if you’re looking to add a few Star Wars podcasts to your playlist, check out Rebels Chat, Galactic Fashion, Hangin’ with Team Kanan, and Star Scavengers.