We continue to catch up with the latest episodes of “Clone Wars Conversations” by James Arnold Taylor.
Before his appearance in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and later in Star Wars Rebels, Saw Gerrera’s origin came to life in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Back in July, JAT sat down with Andrew Kishino, the voice actor who voiced Saw Gerrera, to catch up with the “original rebel” and take a closer look at the impact this character has had on Star Wars.
During their conversation, Andrew talked about:
- Growing up with Star Wars and feeling part of the universe through action figures
- Auditioning for the role of Saw Gerrera and the mystery behind the character
- Dawn-Lyen Gardner’s performance as Steela Gerrera
- The relationship between Steela and Saw
- His reaction to seeing the character move from The Clone Wars into Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Saw being the “original rebel” and how the character became a shadow of himself later on
- Saw’s relationship with Lux Bonteri
- His dyslexia and how he goes about handling that on a day-to-day basis
- His career in music and the impact it had on his life
- His other voice over projects and mostly learning on the job
As always, the episode features art by Joe Hogan.
Thank you for visiting The Wookiee Gunner! You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Tumblr. Send us news, tips, and inquiries here or visit our Contact page. If you’re a fan artist looking to showcase your Star Wars fan art, check out our Star Wars Fan Artist Spotlight. Finally, if you’re looking to add a few Star Wars podcasts to your playlist, check out Rebels Chat, Galactic Fashion, Hangin’ with Team Kanan, and Star Scavengers.