Star Wars Rebels is sadly coming close to an end, so in an effort to show our appreciation and love of the series, TWG will be participating in this project initiated by Lynn of the Sapphic Skywalkers podcast.
On Twitter, Lynn wrote, “As we approach the series finale of Star Wars Rebels, I thought it would be a wonderful idea for all of us to come together to express our love for this wonderful show! The end result of this project will be a giant collaboration video of all us celebrating our love for Rebels.”
Here’s how you can participate! You can submit a 2-5 minute video recording answering the following questions:
- What does Star Wars Rebels mean to you?
- Who is your favorite character and why?
- What is your favorite moment?
- If you could say anything to Dave Filoni, the cast, and the crew, what would it be?
Send the links and/or full videos to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include your Twitter handle in the email.
All of the videos are due by Friday, March 2, 2018.
This is such a wonderful and thoughtful project, and I’m happy to see other fans in the community, who love Rebels just as much as I do, taking initiative and putting this together because the cast and crew definitely deserve the congratulations and love!
If you’re nervous about recording yourself, don’t worry. I completely understand the fear of putting your face in front of a camera! However, here are some tips that can help to ease the process:
- Write your answers down. Sometimes, I’m not really great at coming up with words on the spot, so instead, I type my thoughts down. Even government officials use prompts when they recite their speeches, so don’t be afraid to read your answer off of your computer screen. There’s no shame in that!
- Find something Star Wars related that you love to wear all the time. I tend to feel more confident when I’m wearing Star Wars apparel.
- Find a good place with lighting. That way, the cast and crew can see your wonderful face!
- Lastly, practice makes perfect. Don’t be afraid to yell out “CUT!” at yourself and start over again. Sometimes, making yourself laugh makes it easier to be in front of a camera.
I look forward to sharing my love of Star Wars Rebels, and I hope you will, too!
Thank you for visiting TWG, where we provide news, reviews, and opinion pieces pertaining to the Star Wars animated shows! You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Tumblr. Send us news, tips, and inquiries here or visit our Contact page. Lastly, if you’re looking to add a few Star Wars podcasts to your playlist, check out our Podcasts page.