Every month, TWG gathers the latest news, interviews, fan creations, and other updates pertaining to the Star Wars animated shows (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels, LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures, Forces of Destiny, and Star Wars Resistance).
- Star Wars Resistance officially has an IMDb page.
- TheForce.net found a recent job listing from Lucasfilm Animation that hints at “multiple productions with multiple seasons,” implying that there will be several animated projects. Visit TheForce.net for additional information.
- Chopper showed up in this episode of “Name that Star Wars Droid” with Andi Gutierrez.
- Episode I of the roleyplaying games that the Star Wars Rebels cast played in recent months is now available on YouTube.
- Composer David Glen Russell recently visited Smecky Studio, where he and others recorded the music for the Star Wars Rebels finale. Here’s a photo that he shared on Twitter.
- Fans on Tumblr have gathered together to create a Star Wars Rebels Minibang. According to the site dedicated to the new project, “A big bang (or ‘bang’ for short) is a collaborative event with both writer and artist participants. The writers write fics — traditionally long fics — and then artists ‘claim’ the fics based on summaries/descriptions. Then, the artists create illustrations, fanmixes, podfic, etc. for their chosen story! Once the deadline hits, all the stories/art are posted at once, thus creating a ‘big bang’ of new content in the fandom.” Click here to apply.
From Cartoons to Movies
- There were a few references to animated shows scattered throughout Solo: A Star Wars Story. Without going into spoilery territory, some that come to mind include the Mud Jumpers of the 224th, Dryden Vos possibly being from the same species as Naare from LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures, Han saying he had a VCX-100 (the same model as the Ghost in Star Wars Rebels), and Quay Tolsite, the director of the Pyke Syndicate’s operations on Kessel. There were a few others, but we’ll include those in our next roundup so as to avoid spoilers.
- According to the The Art of Solo: A Star Wars Story, Dryden Vos was originally envisioned to be a Lasat (via Twitter).
- Marc Thompson returns to voice the Thrawn: Alliances audio book, as seen in this tweet from Del Rey Books. You can read a 2017 interview with Thompson over at StarWars.com.
- Watch the full “Thrawn!” panel featuring Timothy Zahn on YouTube.
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy will be released in the fall and it will include characters from the animated shows, including Star Wars Resistance. Read more here.
- Jim Cummings (Star Wars: The Clone Wars/Star Wars Rebels, Hondo Ohnaka) – Corpus Christi Comic Con (June 23-24)
- Martin Fisher (Rebels comic writer) – London Film and Comic Con (July 27-29)
- Christie Golden (Dark Disciple) – Denver Comic Con (June 15-17)
- Taylor Gray (Star Wars Rebels, Ezra Bridger) – All Star Comic Con (June 15-17)
- Tom Kane (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Yoda) – Duke City Comic Con (June 29-July 1)
- Daniel Logan (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Boba Fett)
- John Jackson Miller (Star Wars author, A New Dawn) – All Star Comic Con (June 15-17)
- Vanessa Marshall (Star Wars Rebels, Hera Syndulla) – Oz Comic Con (June 9-10)
- Paul Reubens (Star Wars Rebels, RX-24) – FAN EXPO Boston (August 10-12)
- Brent Spiner (Star Wars Rebels, Gall Trayvis) – FAN EXPO Boston (August 10-12)
- David Tennant (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Huyang) – Denver Comic Con (June 15-17)
- Billy Dee Williams (Star Wars Rebels, Lando Calrissian) – FAN EXPO Boston (August 10-12)
- Matthew Wood (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, General Grievous/Freemaker Adventures, Roger) – ComiCONN (June 20-July 1)
- Timothy Zahn (Star Wars author, Thrawn)
Links: Articles, Podcasts, Reviews, Videos
- #365StarWarsWomen Day 121 – Ursa Wren by Amy Richau
- #365StarWarsWomen Day 123 – Andi Gutierrez by Amy Richau
- #365StarWarsWomen Day 132 – Mahtee Dunn by Amy Richau
- #365StarWarsWomen Day 133 – Mother Talzin by Amy Richau
- #365StarWarsWomen Day 135 – Amy Beth Christenson by Amy Richau
- #365StarWarsWomen Day 138 – Sharmila Devar by Amy Richau
- #365StarWarsWomen Day 139 – Curahee by Amy Richau
- A Brief and Quick Guide to Five Significant References in Solo: A Star Wars Story [spoilers] by Star Wars Maven
- A Close Read of Star Wars Rebels “Twin Suns” – Part 7 – It All Comes Down to This by DilDev
- A History of [Spoiler]’s Home Planet in Star Wars by Michelle Buchman
- Buckled Up for the Resistance by Matthew Applebee
- Cataloging the cuddly and not-so-cuddly dogs of Star Wars by Bryan Young
- Darth Maul Canon Timeline by Jason Hamilton
- Ezra Bridger and the Hero’s Journey by Star Wars Geek Girl
- Favorite Bounty Hunter: Cad Bane by Jenmarie
- Finished watching Season 4 with my niece by Soulnova
- From Lira San to the Kessel Run: Star Wars and Relativity by Héctor Vives
- Is Forces of Destiny Good? by Jenny Nicholson
- Legendary Adventures: The Clone Wars by Chris
- Marvel Just Killed a Fan-Favorite Star Wars Rebels Character by Renaldo Matadeen
- Marvel Reveals How (and Why) Thrawn Was Promoted to Admiral by Renaldo Matadeen
- No, Tim Zahn is not under contract for two more Thrawn books by Dunc
- Ranking the 13 Hottest Star Wars Villains of All Time by Erin Vail
- Relationship Goals: Why Star Wars Rebels’ Kanan and Hera Are the Best Couple in Sci Fi by Christina Potter Swan
- Star Wars: A Complete History Of Darth Maul by Sarah Moran
- ‘Star Wars Forces of Destiny’: Jedi Legacies and Lighstabers Abound by Caroline Cao
- Star Wars history: Mandalorian culture is vital within a galaxy far, far away by Bradley Robbins
- ‘Star Wars Resistance’: Characters We Really Want to See by Ryan Davis
- Aggressive Negotiations by Charles Tan
- Ahsoka and Ezra by Rainglazed
- Ahsoka LEGO statue by Nathan Sawaya
- Ahsoka Tano by Charles Tan
- Ahsoka Tano by Michael Matsumoto
- Ahsoka Tano by mircosciamart
- Ahsoka Tano tribute by Melissa Thomas
- Asajj Ventress mermaid by Brian Kesinger
- Convor and Loth-cat by lorna_ka
- Ezra and friends by a11inox
- Ezra Bridger by Charles Tan
- Ezra, Sabine, and Loth-cats by aroyalartist
- Hera and Chopper by Charles Tan
- Hera and Chopper (with hat) by Charles Tan
- Kanan and DUME by Alessandro Campana
- Leia Organa of Alderaan by Phil Noto
- Mer-Maul by a3dkid
- Modern Sabine by stylistic_art
- Sabine Wren by Charles Tan
- Sabine Wren by Comfort and Adam
- SFM Poster of Rex, Wolffe, Gregor by archangel470
- The Team by Jane Rose Noble
- 3D printed lightsabers
- Ahsoka Tano custom brickheadz by vanhaelentom
- Ahsoka Tano glass by electric_breath
- Ahsoka Tano tattoo by Bronwyn
- Chopper monument by RogueDakotan
- Cross-stitch pattern by mathysphere
- Ezra Bridger helmet by nonbinate
- Governor Pryce Funko Pop! by Studio of MM
- TheForce.net interviewed The Clone Wars executive producer Catherine Winder.
- Amy Ratcliffe interviewed James Arnold Taylor in an episode of Clone Wars Conversations.
- Life of Dad interviewed James Arnold Taylor.
- The ForceCast interviewed James Arnold Taylor, Catherine Taber, Sam Witwer, Henry Gilmor, and Kevin Kiner in a two-part (part one and part two) episode celebrating 10 years of Star Wars animation.
- Kristian Harloff interviewed Clancy Brown, Tiya Sircar, and Freddie Prinze, Jr.
- Star Wars Geek Girl spoke with Vanessa Marshall in Episode 106.
- What the Force? interviewed Vanessa Marshall.
- Wookiee Radio interviewed Vanessa Marshall in Episode 65.
- First Order Transmissions interviewed Vanessa Marshall at MegaCon Orlando.
- Rob Paulsen interviewed Jim Cummings in an episode of Talkin’ Toons.
- Skywalking Through Neverland interviewed Ashley Eckstein in Episode 212.
- Sideshow Sound Radio interviewed Kevin Kiner.
- SyfyWire interviewed Kevin Kiner.
- Grub Street interviewed Tiya Sircar.
- Promotional Ahsoka Tano pin by Ashley Eckstein and Disney Books
- Forces of Destiny Ahsoka Tano Adventure Figure at the Hasbro Toy Shop
- Cad Bane will be a SDCC 2018 and Hot Topic shared exclusive this summer
- Ahsoka Tano button by Plushishop
- Ahsoka Tano keychain by Plushishop
- Chopper crochet pattern by OleksiRed
- Darksaber kyber crystal pendant by Geek and Artsy
- Galactic Shadow knit hoodie by Elhoffer Design
- KalluZeb keychains by Nspamc
- Loth-wolf and cats by lledra
- Sabine and Ezra t-shirt by lledra
- Sabine Wren helmet sticker sheet by Studio of MM
- Sabine Wren phoenix necklace by Geek and Artsy
- Sabine Wren starbird symbol pendant by Geek and Artsy
- Son and Daughter Mortis buttons by Squadron Goals
- Son and Daughter Mortis patch by Squadron Goals
- Star Wars Rebels sticker 5×6 sheet by Plushishop
- Star Wars Rebels posters by behindxa
- Thrawn’s Chimaera pin by zevlakart
Thank you for visiting TWG, where we provide news, reviews, and opinion pieces pertaining to the Star Wars animated shows! You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Tumblr. Send us news, tips, and inquiries here or visit our Contact page. Lastly, if you’re looking to add a few Star Wars podcasts to your playlist, check out our Podcasts page.